After a couple of weeks without having rankings we announce our week 7 Signal The Light Basketball Northern California rankings. The top four in Northern California remain the same as San Francisco, Yuba, Las Positas and Fresno respectfully remain the same. Diablo Valley makes a jump into the top 5 in this weeks rankings and American River drops out of the rankings and Cosumnes River makes a jump into the rankings as we move into the last week of 2016.
Week Seven Northern California Rankings
1. San Francisco (14-1): The Rams stay at the top of the rankings after going 3-0 since our last poll dropped. San Francisco won the San Joaquin Delta Tournament picking up three straight wins to claim the championship. The Rams picked up wins against Reedley, Sierra and San Joaquin Delta and have now won seven straight games since losing at Fresno November 20th. This week, the Rams return to action and will face Gavilan on the road in Gilroy before starting conference on January 4th.
2. Yuba (11-2): The 49ers remain at number two since our last rankings came out, Yuba picked up a 88-65 road win over Alameda to open up Bay Valley Conference action last week. Yuba will be in action one time this week as they will face Los Medanos on the road in their lone game of the week.
3. Las Positas (13-2): The Hawks remain at number three in the rankings after picking up one win since our last polls. Las Positas picked up a win over De Anza in their last outing and have started the season winning 13 of 15 games. The Hawks have one game this week before conference starts as they will travel to Monterey on Friday.
4. Fresno (11-4): The Rams remain at number four in the rankings after going 3-0 since our last poll was released. Fresno picked up wins against Ohlone, Sacramento, and Cosumnes River at the Modesto Tournament. The Rams look like the favorites going into to conference play as the Rams won 11 of 15 games going into Central Valley Conference play next week. Fresno will have the week off, and then face 15th ranked Merced on January 4th in their next outing.
5. Diablo Valley (9-3): The Vikings move up four spots in the rankings and into the top 5 as the new year approaches. Diablo Valley won three straight games at the West Valley Tournament and won the championship. The Vikings picked up wins against Hartnell, Foothill and Solano in tournament action. Diablo Valley has won four straight games, and have won 9 of 12 to start the season. Diablo Valley will have one game this week as the Vikings will be in action against the Simpson JV on Wednesday at the Chabot Tournament in first round action.
6. Canada (12-4): The Colts move up four spots in our new rankings after going 4-0 since our last poll. Canada picked up three wins and the championship at the Santa Rosa Tournament as the Colts picked up wins against Los Medanos, Santa Rosa and Feather River to win the title. The Colts also picked up a non conference win over San Jose at home as the Colts are one of the hottest teams in Northern California this month. Canada went 7-1 in December and will go into conference with a five game winning streak. Canada will open up conference play on January 4th against 11th ranked Ohlone at home in Coast North Conference action.
7. Butte (11-3): The Roadrunners drop two spots in the rankings after going 2-1 since our last rankings were released. Butte lost to Sierra in the first round of the San Joaquin Delta Tournament but followed that up with victories over Reedley and Merced to bring home the consolation championship. Butte will be back in action this week as they will face Sacramento in first round action at the Siskiyous Tournament in their last games of 2016.
8. Feather River (13-3): The Golden Eagles drop two spots in the rankings after going 2-1 at the Santa Rosa Tournament. Feather River picked up a solid win over Citrus in the first round but followed that up with a semi final loss against Canada. Feather River did finish third place at the tournament after picking up a win against a solid American River team. The Golden Eagles are finished with their non conference part of their schedule and will next be in action on January 7th in Golden Valley Conference against 7th ranked Butte at home in their conference opener.
9. Marin (6-3): The Mariners jump up another four spots in the rankings after going 3-1 since our last poll. Marin picked up wins against Modesto, Sacramento at the Modesto Tournament but had a setback as the Mariners lost to Cosumnes River in the semi finals. Following their third place finish at the Modesto Tournament, the Mariners opened up conference play with a victory over Merritt and have now won 6 of 8 since starting the season 0-2. Marin will be back in action on Friday as the Mariners will face Mendocino in Bay Valley Conference action.
10. Santa Rosa (9-5): The Bear Cubs drop two spots in the rankings after going 1-2 at their own tournament since our last poll. Santa Rosa picked up a first round victory over Redwoods but suffered two losses in a row following their first round win. The Bear Cubs suffered a semi final loss to Canada and then loss to Citrus in the 3rd place game of their own tournament. Santa Rosa is 3-3 in their last six games and will get back in action on January 3rd against American River in Big 8 Conference action.
11. Ohlone (10-4): The Renegades drop four spots in our rankings following a 1-2 record since our last poll. Ohlone lost to Fresno and Lassen at the Modesto Tournament, but picked up a win over Cuesta. Ohlone will play two games this week, as the Renegades travel to Monterey and face the Lobos on Wednesday and make their way down to Visalia and face College of the Sequoias on Friday night in their last two games of 2016.
12. Foothill (9-5): The Owls move up three spots after going 2-1 since our last poll. Foothill finished third place at the West Valley Tournament after picking up wins against Santa Monica and Bakersfield at the event. Foothill lost to Diablo Valley but still move up three spots after their two wins. Next up for the Owls is a Friday night affair on the road against 13th ranked Cabrillo in Aptos for their lone game of the week.
13. Cabrillo (8-5): After having a 2-1 week at the San Joaquin Delta Tournament, the Seahawks drop two spots in the rankings. Cabrillo continues to slide down the polls but still seem to be the favorite to win the Coast South Conference starting next week. This week, Cabrillo will have one game as the Seahawks will host 12th ranked Foothill for their lone game of the week before conference starts the following week. Cabrillo is 4-4 in their last eight games but will look to close out the year on a winning note.
14. Cosumnes River (7-5): The Hawks enter the rankings at number 14 following a 2nd place finish at their own tournament. Cosumnes River picked up wins against Lassen and Marin and lost in the title game to Fresno and have won 5 of their last 7 games as they enter the rankings for the first time this season. The Hawks will be in action on Wednesday against Wayne County at the Chabot Tournament on Wednesday as they continue to prepare to get ready for the Big 8 Conference season right around the corner.
15. Merced (8-5): The Blue Devils drop three spots in the rankings after going 1-2 at the San Joaquin Delta Tournament. Merced lost to San Joaquin Delta and Butte but picked up a close win against Alameda at the Delta Tournament. Merced has been a surprise this season and finished out 2016 winning 8 of 13. The Blue Devils have the rest of the year off and will return to action on January 4th as they open up Central Valley Conference play against 4th ranked Fresno at home.
Signaling a Light: American River (7-4), West Hills (5-4), Skyline (8-6), Lassen (10-7).