Week 2 Northern California Rankings
1. San Francisco (4-0) The Rams are still at the top of our nor-cal rankings after picking up a win over Cabrillo last week on the road. San Francisco has been solid for the first two weeks and the Rams will face 9th ranked Sequoias in the first round of the Fresno Tournament on Friday.
2. Fresno (2-1) The Rams were off last week and remain at number two in the rankings. Fresno will host a tournament this weekend and will face Barstow in first round action on Friday.
3. Las Positas (3-0) The Hawks were off last week and remain at number three in the rankings. Las Positas will return to action on Thursday as the Hawks will face Cosumnes River in first round action at the John Hogue Memorial Classic hosted by Mendocino College.
4. Yuba (2-1) The 49ers were off last week and remain at number four in the rankings. Yuba won two of three in the first weekend of the season and will return to action on Wednesday as they host San Joaquin Delta. The 49ers will follow that up with a first round game against Copper Mountain in first round action at the Hancock Tournament on Friday.
5. Diablo Valley (2-1) The Vikings round off the top five as Diablo Valley remains at number five after having the week off. After losing in the championship of the Las Positas Tournament in the opening weekend, the Vikings return to action this weekend, as Diablo Valley will face 13th ranked Foothill in first round action at the Shasta Touranment beginning on Friday.
6. Santa Rosa (2-1) The Bearcubs remain at number six after having the weekend off. Santa Rosa won 2 of 3 at the San Francisco Tip Off Tournament and will return to action this week against Merritt on Friday at the Shasta Tournament.
7. Butte (3-1) The Roadrunners remain at number seven in the rankings. Butte has started off the season winning 3 of 4 this season including a 78-70 road win over Mendocino last week in their lone game. This week, the Roadrunners will face Marin in their only game of the week.
8. Feather River (2-0) The Golden Eagles move up one spot in the rankings after Cabrillo lost last week. Feather River had the week off and will return to action this week as Feather River will face Folsom Lake on Friday at the Chabot Tournament in first round action.
9. Sequoias (2-1) The Giants move up two spots in the rankings due to losses to Canada and Cabrillo. Sequoias moves back into the top 10 after a weekend off. The Giants will have their hands full as 9th ranked Sequoias will face top ranked San Francisco in first round action at the Fresno Tournament on Friday.
10. Cabrillo (2-1) The Seahawks drop two spots in the rankings after suffering a 80-69 loss to top ranked San Francisco last week. The Seahawks will be back in action this weekend as Cabrillo will take on Siskiyous in first round action at the Shasta Tournament.
11. Columbia (2-1) The Claim Jumpers move up one spot in the rankings despite not having a game last week. Columbia will be back in action after a solid first weekend, as the Claim Jumpers will face Shasta in first round action at the Shasta Tournament beginnning on Friday.
12. Gavilan (5-0) The Rams move up a spot in the rankings and are flirting with a top 10 rankings. Gavilan has surpassed their win total from a year ago and have started the season off with five straight wins. Last week, Gavilan picked up wins against Siskiyous and Cerro Coso. This week, the Rams will face Merced in non conference action on Wednesday at home.
13. Foothill (2-1) The Owls move up one spot in the rankings after having the week off. Foothill returns to action after losing in the championship of the San Jose City Tournament against Gavilan. Foothill will face off against 5th ranked Diablo Valley in first round action at the Shasta Tournament on Friday.
14. Monterey (4-2) The Lobos move up one spot in the rankings despite losing to Hancock in the championship of the Ohlone Tournament. Monterey picked up wins against Ventura and Canada before losing to Hancock in the final. Monterey will have the weekend off and face off against Foothill on November 21st on the road in their next outing.
15. Canada (3-3) The Colts drop five spots in the rankings after going 2-1 at the Ohlone College Tournament. Canada picked up wins against Lassen and Ohlone but suffered a set back against Monterey in the semi finals. Canada will have one game this week, as the Colts will face West Valley on Wednesday.
Signaling a Light: Solano (2-1), West Hills (3-1), Lassen (3-1), Reedley (2-1)