1. San Diego (19-2) The Knights remain the number one team in Southern California after going 3-0 last week. San Diego picked up wins against Los Angeles Pierce, San Diego Miramar and Cerritos in the finals of the Mira Costa Tournament. The Knights have won twelve straight games and will go into conference action and face Cuyamaca at home on Friday evening in their lone game of the week.
2. Citrus (17-3) The Owls move up one spot in the rankings following the loss to East Los Angeles. Citrus went 3-0 last week at the Chaffey Tournament and picked up wins over a ranked West Los Angeles team, edged Palomar and got revenge over Chaffey in the championship game to bring home the title. The Owls will have one game this week as Citrus will face Los Angeles Valley at home in their lone game of the week as they open up Western State East Conference action.
3. Fullerton (13-4) The Hornets move up a spot in the rankings after winning both games in Orange Empire Conference action. Fullerton picked wins against Santa Ana and Riverside on the road as the Hornets are at the top of the Orange Empire Conference. This week, Fullerton will be in action as they will host Saddleback on Wednesday and follow that up with another home game against Cypress on Friday.
4. San Bernardino (16-4) The Wolverines move up one spot in the rankings after going 3-0 last weekend at the Cuesta Tournament. San Bernardino picked up wins against Santa Barbara, squeaked by Cuesta and cruised past East Los Angeles in the finals of the tournament. This week, the Wolverines will open up Pacific Coast North Conference and will face Palomar at home in their lone game of the week.
5. East Los Angeles (14-4) The Huskies drop three spots in the rankings following a 2-1 week at the Cuesta Tournament. East Los Angeles picked up wins against Allan Hancock and Mt. San Jacinto but suffered a loss against San Bernardino in the championship game of the tournament. This week the Huskies will have one game as East Los Angeles will take on Santa Monica on Saturday at the Reegie Morris Showcase on Saturday.
6. Cerritos (14-4) The Falcons stay put at number six following a 2-1 week at the Mira Costa Tournament. Cerritos picked up wins against Grossmont and Antelope Valley but suffered a 71-69 loss to top ranked San Diego in the championship game at the Mira Costa Tournament. The Falcons will return to action this Saturday against Bakersfield at the Reggie Morris Showcase in their lone game of the week.
7. Santiago Canyon (14-4) The Hawks move up two spots in the rankings following a 1-1 week in Orange Empire Conference action. Santiago Canyon lost at Riverside in overtime last week and followed that up with a win over Copper Mountain. This week, the Hawks return to action in Orange Empire Conference action on Tuesday at home against Orange Coast in their only game of the week.
8. Copper Mountain (14-5) The Fighting Cacti drop one spot in the rankings after going 1-1 last week in Orange Empire Conference action. This week, Copper Mountain will face 12th ranked Irvine Valley on Wednesday at home and follow that up with a Friday game on the road against Riverside.
9. San Diego Miramar (13-4) The Jets drop one spot in the rankings after going 2-1 at the Mira Costa Tournament last week. Miramar picked up wins against Barstow and Antelope Valley but lost to San Diego in the semi finals of the tournament. This week, the Jets have one game as Miramar will travel to Los Angeles Valley on Tuesday night in non conference action.
10. Grossmont (11-6) The Griffins move up one spot in the rankings after going 2-1 at the Mira Costa Tournament. Last week, Grossmont picked up wins against Mira Costa and Los Angeles Pierce after suffering a first round loss against Cerritos. This week the Griffins have one game as they will be on the road against San Diego Mesa in thier Pacific Coast South Conference opener.
11. Chaffey (11-7) The Panthers move up two spots in the rankings after going 2-1 last week at their own tournament. Chaffey picked up wins against Desert and Long Beach but suffered a 77-73 loss against Citrust in the finals. This week, the Panthers will be in action on Saturday at the Reggie Morris Showcase as Chaffey will face Los Angeles Southwest.
12. Irvine Valley (12-7) The Lasers stay put at number 12 after going 1-1 last week in Orange Empire Conference action. Irvine Valley slipped past Orange Coast but lost to Saddleback 63-49 on the road last week. This week the Lasers will travel to 8th ranked Copper Mountain on Wednesday and follow that up with a home game against Santa Ana on Friday in Orange Empire Conferene action.
13. Victor Valley (11-5) The Rams creep back into the rankings following a big win on the road against Cuyamaca last week. Victor Valley has won three of their last four and come into the rankings at number thirteen. This week the Rams will be on the road and face Glendale in thier Western State East Conference opener.
14. Riverside (10-6) The Tigers jump back into the rankings after starting off conference 1-1 last week. Riverside picked up a win at home against Santiago Canyon and followed that up with a tough home loss to Fullerton. This week the Tigers will face off against Santa Ana on Wednesday and follow that up with another road game against Copper Mountain on Friday for the Tigers.
15. Allan Hancock (12-7) The Bulldogs come back into the rankings again as Hancock went 2-1 last week at the Cuesta Tournament. Hancock picked up wins over Los Angeles Harbor and Pasadena after suffering a first round loss against East Los Angeles. This week, Hancock will face off against Santa Monica on the road on Wednesday and follow that up with their Western State North opener against Ventura on Saturday night.
Signaling a Light: Bakersfield (10-6), West Los Angeles (11-7), Ventura (12-7), Los Angeles Harbor (10-7), Long Beach (10-8), Palomar (10-9), Orange Coast (10-7)