Week 15 Northern California Rankings
1. San Francisco (26-1): The Rams remain at the top of the rankings after picking up two wins last week and moving their winning streak up to 22 games. San Francisco clinched the Coast North Conference championship with wins against Canada and Las Positas last week. This upcoming week, the Rams will travel to San Bruno and face Skyline on Wednesday and close out the regular season against Ohlone at home on Friday.
2. Yuba (21-5) The 49ers stay put at number two following two wins last week in Bay Valley Conference action. Yuba picked up wins against Marin and Napa Valley and clinched the Bay Valley Conference championship after coming from behind and beating Napa. This week, the 49ers will have two road games as Yuba will face Merritt on Wednesday and follow that up with another road game against 11th ranked Mendocino to close out the regular season.
3. Santa Rosa (21-4): The Bearcubs remain put at number three in the rankings following two wins last week in Big 8 Conference action. Santa Rosa picked up a win on the road against Modesto and clinched the conference championship and followed that up with a road win against Cosumnes River as the Bearcubs moved their winning streak up to 17 games. This week, Santa Rosa will face Sierra at home on Tuesday and close out the regular season at home against American River as the Bearcubs will try and run through conference action undefeated.
4. Fresno (23-4) The Rams stay put at number four after Fresno picked up two wins last week. Fresno picked up wins against Porterville and followed that up with a win against West Hills to clinch the Central Valley Conference championship for the 17th time in a row. Fresno will have two games this week as the Rams will close out the season with two straight home games. Fresno will face Reedley on Wednesday and follow that up with their home finale in the regular season against Merced.
5. Butte (21-4) The Roadrunners stay put at number five after picking up two wins last week. Butte beat Siskiyous and Lassen and have one game to go. The Roadrunners will face 15th ranked Feather River on the road and if the Roadrunners pick up the win they will be in position to share the Golden Valley Conference title.
6. Sequoias (18-8) The Giants move up two spots in the rankings as the Giants picked up two wins last week and pushed thier streak up to four games. Last week the Giants beat Reedley and Cerro Coso on the road. This week the Giants close out the regular season with a home game against Porterville and follow that up with a huge game against 8th ranked West Hills in Visalia on Saturday night to close out the season.
7. Shasta (17-9) The Knights move up four spots in the rankings after picking up one win last week as Shasta is closing on sharing a conference title. The Knights have won six straight games after picking up a win against Feather River last week. This week, the Knights will close out their season on the road against Redwoods and with a win the Knights will clinch a share of the Golden Valley Conference championship.
8. West Hills (18-5) The Falcons move down two spots after going 1-1 last week in Central Valley Conference action. West Hills picked up a road win against Cerro Coso and lost at home against Fresno. This week the Falcons have a huge week for seeding purposes as the West Hills will face 12th ranked Columbia at home on Wednesday and travel to Visalia on Saturday night and face Sequoias in their regular season finale.
9. Foothill (19-8): The Owls move up three spots and back into the top 10 after picking up two wins last week in Coast North Conference action. Foothill picked up wins against Ohlone and followed that up with another win against Skyline in conference action. This week, the Owls will have one game as Foothill will take on Canada on the road on Wednesday to close out the season and a chance to win 20 games.
10. Modesto (18-8): The Pirates drop three spots in the rankings after going 1-1 last week. Modesto lost at Santa Rosa and followed that up with a close win against American River on the road. This week, Modesto will take on Cosumnes River tomorrow and follow that up with a Thursday game against Folsom Lake at home as the Pirates will look to bring home second place in the Big 8 Conference.
11. Mendocino (17-8) The Eagles move up three spots in the rankings after picking up two wins in Bay Valley Conference action. Mendocino picked up a close win over Alameda and follow that up with a huge win against Los Medanos to win their sixth game in a row. This week, the Eagles will face Solano on Wednesday on the road and end the regular season against 2nd ranked Yuba on Friday.
12. Gavilan (21-4) The Rams drop three spots in the rankings after going 1-1 in Coast South Conference action. Gavilan started the week with a huge win over Cabrillo and moved a full game in first place, but the Rams suffered a tough loss against Monterey at home. The Rams come into the last week of the regular season tied for first place in the Coast South Conference and will will face Hartnell in Salinas on Wednesday and end their regular season with a home game against San Jose on Friday.
13. Columbia (15-7): The Claimjumpers drop three spots after going 1-1 last week. Columbia suffered an unexpected loss against Merced on the road but saved their week by picking up a win against Porterville. This week, Columbia will travel to Coalinga and face West Hills on Wednesday and follow that up with a home game against Cerro Coso on Saturday to close out the regular season.
14. Diablo Valley (15-12) The Vikings come back into the rankings after a little break and it seems like about two weeks ago, this team was out of playoff contention. Diablo Valley picked up a win against Sacramento and the Vikings have won three straight games. This week, the Vikings will face San Joaquin Delta in Stockton on Thursday in their season finale with a game that has playoff seeding written all over it.
15. Feather River (17-9) The Golden Eagles come into the rankings as Feather River has won four of their last five games. This week, the Golden Eagles will face 5th ranked Butte on Wednesday in their lone game of the week.
Signaling a Light: Los Medanos (16-10), San Joaquin Delta (12-11), Ohlone (15-13), Cabrillo (14-10)