Week Ten Northern California Rankings
1. San Francisco (17-1) The Rams remain the number one team in Northern California after picking up a win over Chabot last week. San Francisco blew out Chabot 102-68 in their Coast North Conference opener and the Rams have won 13 straight games since losing to Sequoias earlier this season. This week the Rams will have two games as they will host 7th ranked Foothill on Wednesday and follow up that with a home game on Friday against Canada.
2. Fresno (14-3) The Rams remain at number two in the rankings after going 2-0 last week to open up Central Valley Conference action. Fresno picked up a win over Cerro Coso and followed that up with a huge road win in Visalia over College of the Sequoias. Fresno has won eight straight games and they will face 10th ranked Columbia on the road in Sonora on Wednesday and follow that up with a home game against Porterville on Saturday in conference action.
3. Gavilan (15-1) The Rams remain at number three in the Northern California rankings after picking up a win last week on the road in their Coast South Conference opener. Gavilan went to Saratoga and picked up a road win over West Valley. This week the Rams will have two games at home as Gavilan will face De Anza at home on Wednesday and follow that up on Friday against Cabrillo at home.
4. Butte (13-3) The Roadrunners jump up one spot in the rankings after picking up a win last week. Last week, Butte picked up a win over the Simpson JV 77-52 in their lone game of the week. This week, the Roadrunners open up Golden Valley Conference action against Redwoods at home on Thursday and follow that up with a road game against Shasta on Saturday.
5. Yuba (11-5) The 49ers move back into the top five after going 2-0 last week in Bay Valley Conference action. Yuba picked up a home win against Solano and followed that up with a road win over Contra Costa. This week, the 49ers will play three games as Yuba will face Marin on Tuesday at home, on the road against conference leading Napa on Thursday and follow that up with a home game on Saturday against Merritt.
6. Santa Rosa (11-4) The Bearcubs move up two spots in the rankings after going 2-0 since our last poll. Santa Rosa picked up wins over San Joaquin Delta and Sacramento and have started off Big 8 Conference action 4-0 and they have won seven straight games. Santa Rosa will have three games this week as the Bearcubs will face Modesto on Tuesday, Cosumnes River on Thursday at home and follow that up with a road game against Sierra on Saturday.
7. Foothill (13-5) The Owls move up two spots in the rankings after going 2-0 last week in Coast North Conference action. Foothill picked up wins over Chabot and knocked off Las Positas at home last week to open up conference. Foothill has won six straight games and this week the Owls will travel to top ranked San Francisco on Wednesday and follow that up with a road game against Ohlone in conference action.
8. Las Positas (13-5) The Hawks take a tumble in the rankings after going 1-1 last week in Coast North Conference action. Las Positas picked up a win over Ohlone but suffered a set back against Foothill. This week the Hawks will have one game this week as they will travel to Redwood City and face off against Canada in their lone game this week.
9. West Hills (11-2) The Falcons move up one spot in the rankings after going 2-0 last week. West Hills continues to win games as the Falcons picked up two wins in Central Valley Conference action. The Falcons cruised past Reedley and slipped past Merced on the road last week. This upcoming week the Falcons will face Porterville at home on Wednesday and host Cerro Coso on Saturday in their two games this week.
10. Columbia (8-4) The Claimjumpers move up four spots in thee rankings after going 2-0 last week. Columbia picked up two wins on the road last week as the Claim Jumpers knocked off Sequoias in Visalia, and followed that up with a road win against Reedley. This week the Claim Jumpers will have two home games as Columbia will face 2nd ranked Fresno on Wednesday and face Merced on Saturday in Central Valley Conference action.
11. Sequoias (10-6) The Giants had a rough week as the Giants lost two games to open up conference play and Sequoias drops five spots in the rankings. Sequoias suffered two home losses as the Giants lost to Columbia and Fresno to open up conference play. This week, the Giants will face Merced on the road on Wednesday and follow that up with a home game against Reedley on Saturday.
12.Modesto (10-6) The Pirates jump three spots in the rankings as Modesto picked up two wins last week. Modesto picked up wins against San Joaquin Delta and Sierra and will be in action three times this week in Big 8 Conference action. Modesto will face 6th ranked Santa Rosa on the road on Tuesday, American River at home on Thursday and end their week on the road against Cosumnes River on Saturday.
13. Contra Costa (10-6) The Comets drop two spots in the rankings after going 2-1 last week in Bay Valley Conference action. Contra Costa picked up wins against Los Medanos and Solano but lost to Yuba at home. The Comets have started off BVC play 4-1 and will be in action twice this week. Contra Costa will face Marin on the road on Thursday and follow that up with a home game against Napa Valley on Saturday.
14. Feather River (12-6) The Golden Eagles come back into the rankings after a little break. Feather River picked up a 95-82 over Siskiyous to open up Golden Valley Conference action. This week, the Golden Eagles will have one game and face Lassen at home on Saturday.
15. Diablo Valley (10-7) The Vikings check back into the rankings after going 2-0 last week in Big 8 Conference action. Diablo Valley have won three straight wins and picked up wins over Sierra and Folsom Lake last week. This week the Vikings will face American River on Tuesday on the road and follow that up with another road game against Sacramento on Thursday.
Signaling a Light: Napa Valley (8-7), Mendocino (10-5), Canada (10-8), Hartnell (9-6), Shasta (10-8)