Week Six Northern California Rankings
1. San Francisco (12-1) The Rams remain the top ranked team in Northern California after going 3-0 last week at the San Jose Tournament. San Francisco picked up wins against Merritt, North Idaho and Los Angeles Trade Tech last week and the Rams have won eight straight games since losing to Sequoias on November 17th. San Francisco are 4-1 against teams that are ranked in our Signal The Light Basketball rankings and the Rams have scored 90 or more points ten times this season. This weekend, the Rams will be back in action on Friday in Stockton as they will face San Joaquin Delta in first round action at the San Joaquin Delta Classic.
2. Fresno (8-3) The Rams stay put at number two after going 3-1 at the Modesto Tournament last week. Fresno picked up victories against Lassen, Saddleback and Ohlone but suffered a set back against Copper Mountain last week. Fresno has won four of five games since losing to Sequoias on November 19th and the Rams have been solid this season. Fresno is 0-3 against teams that are ranked inside of our Signal The Light Basketball rankings and the Rams will face El Camino this week at the Kirby Mannon Pepsi/Wyndham Tournament hosted by College of the Sequoias on Friday.
3. Diablo Valley (6-3) The Vikings move up three spots in the new rankings despite having the week off. Diablo Valley is 1-2 against teams that are ranked in our rankings and have won four of their last five games. This week, the Vikings will be back in action as Diablo Valley will face 10th ranked Monterey in first round action at the West Valley Tournament on Thursday.
4. Butte (9-2) The Roadrunners drop one spot in the rankings after going 2-1 last weekend at the Foothill Tournament. Butte picked up wins against De Anza and Victor Valley but suffered a loss against Contra Costa in the semi finals last weekend. Butte is 2-1 against teams that are ranked this week in our Signal The Light Basketball rankings. The Roadrunners will face Merced on Friday in Stockton at the San Joaqiuin Delta Classic in first round action.
5. Gavilan (12-1) The Rams drop one spot as well after going 2-1 last week at the Skyline Tournament. Gavilan suffered a first round loss against Porterville but the Rams recovered nicely as Gavilan beat Redwoods and Siskiyous in their two wins last weekend. This week the Rams will have two games as Gavilan will take on Chabot on Tuesday at home and follow that up with a road game against Skyline on Thursday.
6. Sequoias (7-3) The Giants move up two spots in the rankings after picking up a non conference win last week over San Diego Mesa 88-69 at home. The Giants are 2-2 against teams that are ranked within our rankings and have started the season winning seven of ten games. This weekend, the Giants will host their own tournament and face 11th ranked Contra Costa in first round action on Friday.
7. Yuba (7-4) The 49ers move up one spot in the rankings after going 3-1 last week at the Modesto Tournament. Yuba lost to Copper Mountain in the first round, but followed that up with victories over Lassen, Reedley, and Sacramento for the consolation title. Yuba has won five of six games and the 49ers are 1-3 against teams that are currently ranked in our rankings. The 49ers will face Feather River on the road on Tuesday for their lone game of the week.
8. West Hills (8-1) The Falcons move up two spots in the rankings after picking up their eighth straight win of the season with a home victory over San Diego Mesa last weekend. West Hills has played well since their season opening loss to Allan Hancock on November 3rd. The Falcons are 1-0 against teams that are ranked and will have one game this week as the Falcons will travel down south and face Mt. San Jacinto on Friday night on the road.
9. Las Positas (9-4) The Hawks remain at number nine in the rankings following a 2-1 week at the Skyline Tournament. Las Positas picked up wins against Redwoods, and Porterville before losing to Skylin 71-69 in the championship of the Skyline Tournament. Las Positas is 1-2 against teams that are ranked within our Signal The Light Basketball rankings this season. This weekend the Hawks will host Folsom Lake in their lone game of the week in Livermore on Friday night.
10. Contra Costa (6-3) The Comets make a splash this week in our rankings as Contra Costa makes an appearance for the first time this season in our rankings. Last weekend, the Comets picked up wins against Santa Rosa, Butte, and Foothill to win the Foothill Tournament. Contra Costa has won five of their last six games and the Comets are 3-2 against teams that are ranked within our rankings. This weekend, the Comets will face 6th ranked Sequoias on Friday in Visalia at the College of the Sequoias Tournament.
11. Monterey (9-4) The Lobos jump back into the rankings in a big way as they make a splash at number eleven this week. The Lobos picked up three wins last week and Monterey has won four straight games. Monterey picked up wins against North Idaho, Merritt and Los Angeles Trade Tech at the San Jose Tournament last week. The Lobos are 1-1 against teams that are ranked within our rankings and will face off against 3rd ranked Diablo Valley on Thursday at the West Valley Tournament in opening round action.
12. Santa Rosa (4-4) The Bearcubs drop seven spots in the rankings after losing two straight games last week at the Foothill Tournament. Santa Rosa dropped a close game against Contra Costa and followed that up with a loss against De Anza. The Bearcubs are 0-2 against teams that are ranked within our rankings and Santa Rosa will be back in action on Thursday as they open up against Chabot at the Kris Kringle Invitational.
13. Feather River (9-3) The Golden Eagles drop one spot in the rankings after a 3rd place finish at the Foothill Tournament. After suffering a first round defeat to Foothill, the Golden Eagles picked up wins against Marin and De Anza to bring home third place. Feather River has not faced an opponent in our rankings this week but the Golden Eagles have won four of their last five games. Feather River will face 7th ranked Yuba on Tuesday and follow that up with a game against 14th ranked Mendocino in first round action at the Kris Kringle Invitational on Thursday.
14. Mendocino (8-1) The Eagles come into the rankings for the first time this season as Mendocino has won eight straight games. Mendocino picked up wins against College of Divinity, Shasta, Modesto and Cuesta last week to bring home the Modesto Tournament championship. The Eagles are 0-1 against teams that are currently ranked in our rankings and Mendocino will be in action on Thursday against 13th ranked Feather River in first round action at the Kris Kringle Invitational.
15. Modesto (7-4) The Pirates come into the rankings for the first time this season after finishing 3rd place at the Modesto Tournament. The Pirates picked up wins against the Simpson JV, Ohlone and Copper Mountain last week. Modesto have won five of their last six and the Pirates are 2-2 against teams that are ranked within our Signal The Light Basketball rankings. This week, the Pirates will face Columbia at home on Saturday.
Signaling a Light: Columbia (4-3), Sacramento (8-5), Foothill (8-5), Skyline (8-6), Shasta (7-5), Canada (6-5).