Week 9 Northern California Rankings
1. San Francisco (16-1) The Rams stay on top of the Northern California rankings after picking up a win over De Anza last week. San Francisco has won 12 straight games since losing to Sequoias on November 17th. The Rams are 3-1 against teams that are inside of this weeks rankings. San Francisco will begin Coast North Conference action as the Rams will travel to Chabot on Friday.
2. Fresno (12-3) The Rams remain at number two in the rankings after going on the road and blowing out Cabrillo in their only game of the week. Fresno has won six straight games and have a 3-3 record against teams that are ranked within our rankings. Fresno will open up Central Valley Conference action this week at home on Wednesday against Cerro Coso and follow that up with a road game in Visalia against 6th ranked Sequoias in a early match up between two teams that could battle for the conference title.
3. Gavilan (14-1) The Rams stay put at number three in the rankings after having the week off. Gavilan has won six straight games going into Coast South Conference action. Gavilan is 3-0 against teams that are currently ranked in our rankings and the Rams will be in action on Friday night in Saratoga as Gavilan will face 13th ranked West Valley in their only game of the week.
4. Las Positas (12-4) The Hawks move up one sot in the rankings after going on the road and knocking off Monterey in their game last week. Las Positas is 8-1 in their last nine games and are rolling going into conference play this upcoming week. The Hawks are 0-2 against teams ranked within our current Signal The Light Basketball rankings but have quality wins this season. Las Positas will open up Coast North Conference play this week as they will open up against 12th ranked Ohlone at home on Wednesday and follow that up with a road game against 9th ranked Foothill on Friday.
5. Butte (12-3) The Roadrunners move up one spot in the rankings after picking up a home victory against Colombia last week. Butte has won four of five games and have a 3-2 record against teams ranked within our current rankings. Butte will face the Simpson JV on Friday at home in their only game of the week.
6. Sequoias (10-4) The Giants move up one spot in the rankings as Sequoias picked up a win over Canada on the road last week in their only game of the week. Sequoias has won four of their last five games and have a 4-2 record against teams within our rankings. This week Sequoias opens up Central Valley Conference play with two key games. The Giants will host 14th ranked Columbia on Wednesday and follow that up against 2nd ranked Fresno in Visalia on Saturday.
7. Yuba (9-5) The 49ers drop three spots in the rankings after losing on the road to Los Medanos last week. Yuba had their five game winning streak end last week and the 49ers are 1-3 against teams that are ranked inside of our weekly rankings. Yuba will face off against Solano at home on Tuesday and follow that up with a road game against 11th ranked Contra Costa on Saturday in Bay Valley Conference.
8. Santa Rosa (9-4) The Bearcubs stay put at number eight in the rankings after picking up a win against Folsom Lake. Santa Rosa has won five straight games and have a 1-1 record against teams within our rankings. This weeek, the Bearcubs will travel to Stockton and face San Joaquin Delta tomorrow and follow that up with a home game against Sacdrramento on Thursday in Big 8 Conference action.
9. Foothill (11-5) The Owls stay put at number nine after picking up a win against Hartnell on the road. Foothill is on a four game winning streak and is 7-1 in thier last eight games. Foothill is 1-4 against teams that are ranked within our rankings and will be in action twice this week as the Owls start Coast North Conference action. Foothill will face Chabot on the road on Wednesday and follow that up with a home game against 4th ranked Las Positas.
10. West Hills (9-2) The Falcons stay put at number ten after going on the road and picking up a win against El Camino in their final non conference game. West Hills has a 1-0 record against teams that are ranked and will begin Central Valley Conference action on Wednesday with a road game against Reedley. The Falcons will face Merced on the road in their second game.
11. Contra Costa (8-5) The Comets move up one spot in the rankings after picking up a road win against Alameda last week. Contra Costa has opened up Bay Valley Conference action with a 2-0 record and the Comets are 3-3 against teams that are ranked within our weekly rankings. This week the Comets will have three games as Contra Costa will host Los Medanos tomorrow, follow that up with a road game against Solano on Thursday and finish off the week with a home game against 7th ranked Yuba at home.
12. Ohlone (10-7) The Renegades drop one spot in the rankings after going 1-1 last week. Ohlone picked up a win against Canyons but suffered a tough loss against Orange Coast. This week, Ohlone will be on the road for two Coast North Conference games. The Renegades will face 4th ranked Las Positas on Wednesday and follow that up with a road game in Redwood City against Canada on Friday.
13. West Valley (9-7) The Vikings return to the rankings after picking up a win over Skyline at home last week. West Valley has won three of their last four games and the Vikings have a 0-1 record against teams that are ranked within our weekly rankings. This week the Vikings will start Coast South Conference action at home with an important home game against De Anza on Wednesday and follow that up with another home game against 3rd ranked Gavilan on Friday.
14. Columbia (6-4) The Claim Jumpers drop a spot in the rankings after going 1-1 last week. Columbia picked up a win on the road against Redwoods after losing to Butte the night before. Columbia is 2-1 against teams that are ranked within our rankings and the Claim Jumpers will open up Central Valley Conference play this weeek. Columbia will travel to Visalia on Wednesday and face 6th ranked Sequoias and follow that up with another trip to the valley against Reedley on Saturday.
15. Modesto (8-6) The Pirates come into the week nine rankings after picking up a home win against Diablo Valley. Modesto come into the rankings as the Pirates are 3-3 against teams that are within our rankings. This week the Pirates will host San Joaquin Delta on Thursday and follow that up with another home game against Sierra on Saturday.
Signaling a Light: Mendocino (9-4), Los Medanos (8-5), Merritt (7-7), Sacramento (9-6), Sierra (7-6), Diablo Valley (7-7).