Week 14 Northern California rankings
1. San Francisco (24-1) The Rams are cruising at the top of the rankings in Northern California after picking up two more wins last week. San Francisco is edging closer to another Coast North Conferenc title after beating Chabot and Foothill last week as the Rams have now won 20 straight games. This week the Rams will face Canada in Redwood City on Friday in their lone game of the week.
2. Yuba (19-5) The 49ers move up two spots in the rankings and to the second spot in Northern California. Last week, Yuba picked up an 80-75 win over Contra Costa and the 49ers are edging closer to a Bay Valley Conference title. This week, Yuba will be in action twice, as the 49ers will face Marin on the road on Wednesday and could clinch the conference title against Napa Valley at home on Friday night.
3. Santa Rosa (19-4) The Bearcubs move up two spots in the rankings and Santa Rosa continues to roll. Last week, Santa Rosa picked up a win against Sacramento and the Bearcubs have now won fifteen straight. This week, the Bearcubs can possibly bring home the Big 8 title as Santa Rosa will face 7th ranked Modesto tomorrow night on the road and follow that up with another road game against Cosumnes River on Friday night.
4. Fresno (21-4) The Rams suffered a set back and drop two spots after going 1-1 last week. Fresno suffered a home loss against Sequoias but followed it up with a huge home win against Columbia to take control of the Central Valley Conference. This week, the Rams will travel to Porterville on Wednesday and follow that up with another huge game in Coalinga as the Rams will face 6th ranked West Hills in what could be the game to determine the champion in the Central Valley Conference.
5. Butte (19-4) The Roadrunners took a step backwards in the rankings after going 1-1 last week. Butte picked up a win against Redwoods but lost at home against Shasta in Golden Valley Conference action. This week, Butte will face Siskiyous in their lone game of the week as they will try and keep pace with Shasta as the two teams both have one loss in conference action.
6. West Hills (17-4) The Falcons move up three spots in the rankings after teams above them suffered losses last week. West Hills picked up wins against Merced and Porterville and have now won four straight games. West Hills is one game behind Fresno in the standings and could still clinch a share of the Central Valley Conference title if they win out. This week the Falcons will travel to Cerro Coso on Wednesday and face 4th ranked Fresno at home on Saturday night in Coalinga.
7. Modesto (17-7) The Pirates move up three spots in the rankings after having a 2-0 week. Modesto continues to play solid basketball as the Pirates beat Delta and Sierra last week and Modesto has won seven games in a row. Modesto remains in 2nd place and the Pirates will face 3rd ranked Santa Rosa at home tomorrow in a huge game and follow that up with a Friday night game on the road against American River.
8. Sequoias (16-8) The Giants move up three spots in the rankings after picking up two wins last week in Central Valley Conference action. Last week, Sequoias picked up a win against Merced and went on the road and upended Fresno. The Giants remain in fourth place in the conference and will face Reedley on Wednesday on the road and follow that up with another road game on Saturday against Cerro Coso.
9. Shasta (16-9) The Knights move up three spots in the rankings after picking up two wins last week in Golden Valley Conference action. Shasta picked up a win against Lassen and won their biggest game of the season as the Knights picked up a road win against Butte and took over sole possession of first place as Shasta has a 1/2 game lead over the Roadrunners. The Knights have two games remaining and this week Shasta will host Feather River on Wednesday for thier lone game of the week.
10. Columbia (14-6) The Claimjumpers drop three spots in the rankings after having a 1-1 week and losing a chance to take over sole possession of the Central Valley Conference. Columbia picked up a win against Reedley but lost big on the road to Fresno in a huge match up between the two teams at the top of the standings within the conference. This week, Columbia will face Merced on the road on Wednesday and follow that up with a home game against Porterville on Saturday for their two games of the week.
11. Foothill (17-8) The Owls drop four spots in the rankings after suffering two losses. Foothill lost to Las Positas and to San Francisco but remain in 2nd place in the Coast North Conference. This week the Owls will face Ohlone at home in their lone game in the conference as Foothill gets ready for the post season.
12. Gavilan (20-3) The Rams take a huge tumble and drop six spots in the rankings after going 1-1 last week. Gavilan slipped past West Valley but suffered a bad road loss against De Anza to fall out of first place in the Coast South Conference. This week is a huge week for the Rams as Gavilan will face 13th ranked Cabrillo on the road on Wednesday and follow that up with a home game against Monterey on Friday in a key week for Gavilan.
13. Cabrillo (14-9) The Seahawks move up one spot in the rankings after going 2-0 last week. Cabrillo has won seven straight games and picked up wins against San Jose and Monterey on the road last week to move into first place in the Coast South Conference. This week, Cabrillo will be in action one time as the Seahawks will face 12th ranked Gavilan at home in a game that could decide the Coast South Conference championship.
14. Mendocino (15-8) The Eagles move up one spot in the rankings following a win last week in Bay Valley Conference action. Mendocino won their fourth straight game with a win over Merritt. This week, Mendocino will be in action twice as the Eagles will face Alameda on the road on Wednesday and follow that up with a key home game with playoff implications against Los Medanos.
15. Las Positas (16-9) The Hawks come back into the rankings after a huge week. Las Positas picked up wins against Foothill and Canada to edge closer to the .500 mark in conference. This week, the Hawks will face off against top ranked San Francisco in thier only battle of the week.
Signaling a Light: Feather River (16-8), Ohlone (14-12), Sacramento (15-11), Los Medanos (15-9)