1. San Francisco (15-1) The Rams remain at the top of the Northern California rankings after going 3-0 last weekend at the San Joaquin Delta Tournament. San Francisco picked up wins against Delta, Cabrillo, and Butte to bring home the championship. The Rams have won eleven straight games since losing to Sequoias and have a 4-1 record against teams that are ranked within our Signal The Light Basketball weekly rankings. The Rams will be off this week and return to action December 30th with a home game against De Anza.
2. Fresno (11-3) The Rams stay put at number two following a 3-0 weekend at the Sequoias Tournament. Fresno has won five straight games and picked up wins over El Camino, Cerritos and picked up a win over Sequoias in the final at the Sequoias Tournament. Fresno is 3-3 against teams that are ranked within our rankings and the Rams will have this weekend off before heading up to Aptos on December 30th and facing Cabrillo in non conference action.
3. Gavilan (12-1) The Rams move up two spots in the rankings despite having the weekend off. Gavilan has been one of the more consistent teams in Northern California and the Rams have had a great start to the season winning 12 of their first 13. Gavilan is 2-0 against teams ranked within our current weekly rankings and have one loss this season against Porterville. This week the Rams are in action twice as Gavilan will be at home on Tuesday against Chabot and follow that up with a road game against Skyline on Thursday evening.
4. Yuba (8-4) The 49ers jump into the top 5 and get the nod at number four following their road win against Feather River last week. Yuba has won four straight games and have finished non conference action as the 49ers were 2-3 against teams in our current rankings. The 49ers will begin Bay Valley Conference action this Wednesday at Yuba will host Alameda in thier conference opener.
5. Las Positas (11-4) The Hawks move up four spots in the rankings after picking up a win last week. Las Positas picked up a big win against Folsom Lake at home and picked up their eleventh win on the season. The Hawks have won seven of eight games and have a 1-1 record against teams ranked in our rankings. Las Positas will have the week off and return to action on December 30th on the road against 14th ranked Monterey.
6. Butte (11-3) The Roadrunners drop two spots after going 2-1 last weekend at the Delta Tournament. Butte has been another consistent team this season as Butte has won eleven of their first fourteen to start the year. The Roadrunners are 1-2 against teams that are ranked and have played solid basketball. Butte will be off this week and return to action on December 30th as the Roadrunners will host 15th ranked Columbia.
7. Sequoias (9-4) The Giants drop one spot in the rankings after going 2-1 last weekend at their own tournament. Sequoias picked up wins against Contra Costa and Ventura before losing to Fresno in the championship game. The Giants are 2-2 against teams that are ranked this week in our rankings and Sequoias has played solid ball this season. The Giants will be off this week and return to action on December 30th as they will travel to Redwood City and face Canada in their last non conference game before conference starts on January 3rd.
8. Santa Rosa (7-4) The Bearcubs jump four spots in the rankings after winning their own tournament last weekend. Santa Rosa picked up wins against Chabot, Napa, and Feather River to go 3-0 over the weekend. The Bearcubs are 2-1 against ranked teams and will look to pick up their fourth win in a row as Santa Rosa opens up Big 8 Conference play on Wednesday against 10th ranked Diablo Valley on the road.
9. Foothill (10-5) The Owls make a splash into the rankings again as Foothill picked up the West Valley Tournament championship. Foothill picked up wins against Solano, Diablo Valley and Ohlone to bring home the championship trophy. The Owls have won six of their last seven and have a 6-3 record against teams ranked within our rankings this week. Foothill will be off this week and return to action on December 29th in their last non conference game on the road against Hartnell.
10. Diablo Valley (7-5) The Vikings drop seven spots in the rankings following a 0-2 weekend. Diablo Valley lost to Foothill 68-50 and followed that up with a big loss against West Valley 70-54 last week. Diablo Valley is 2-3 in their last five games and have a 3-4 record against teams ranked within our rankings. This week the Vikings open up Big 8 Conference play at home against 8th ranked Santa Rosa in their lone game of the week.
11. West Hills (8-2) The Falcons drop three spots in the rankings after losing to Mt. San Jacinto in their only game of the week. West Hills has started the season winning eight of ten games and have a 1-0 record against teams that are ranked in our rankings this season. West Hills will have the week off and return to action on December 30th as the Falcons will face off against El Camino in Torrance.
12. Feather River (11-5) The Golden Eagles move up one spot in the rankings after going 2-1 at the Santa Rosa Tournament. Feather River picked up wins against Mendocino and Canada before losing to Santa Rosa in the championship game. Feather River is 0-3 against teams that are ranked within our rankings. This week, the Golden Eagles will face American River on the road on Thursday night for their lone game of the week.
13. Ohlone (8-6) The Renegades come into our rankings for the first time this season after going 2-1 lat week at the West Valley Tournament. Ohlone is 0-3 against teams that are ranked within our rankings this week but the Renegades get into our rankings after having a solid week. This week, Ohlone will travel to San Jose and face the Jaguars in non conference action onTTuesday for their lone game of the week.
14. Contra Costa (6-5) The Comets drop four spots in the rankings following an 0-2 weekend at the Sequoias Tournament in Visalia. Contra Costa lost to Sequoias and Pasadena over the weekend. The Comets have a 4-3 record against teams that are ranked within our Signal The Light Basketball rankings. This week, Contra Costa will open up Bay Valley Conference action on the road against Mendocino in their lone game of the week.
15. Columbia (5-3): The Claim Jumpers round off the final spot in our rankings as Columbia picked up a huge road win against Modesto on the road. Columbia has a 1-1 record against teams within our rankings and will look to continue to play solid as the Claim Jumpers are on a three game winning streak. Columbia will be off this week and return to action on December 30th on the road against 6th ranked Butte.
Signaling a Light: Mendocino (8-3), Los Medanos (7-4), Modesto (7-5), Canada (7-7), Skyline (8-6), Monterey (9-6), Cabrillo (7-6),