Week Five Northern California Rankings
1. San Francisco (9-1) The Rams move back into the top spot in the rankings after winning the Golden Gate Classic last week. San Francisco picked up wins against Sierra, Diablo Valley, and Contra Costa last week and have won five straight games since losing to Sequoias. San Francisco is 3-1 against teams ranked within our rankings and the Rams will be in action on Thursday against Merritt at the San Jose Classic.
2. Fresno (5-2) The Rams move up one spot after going 1-0 last week. Fresno went on the road and picked up a win over De Anza. The Rams are 0-2 against teams ranked within our Signal The Light Basketball rankings and Fresno will be back in action this week on Wednesday as the Rams will face Lassen in first round action at the Modesto Tournament.
3. Butte (7-1) The Roadrunners move up one spot in the rankings and Butte has now won seven straight games since losing their opener to Columbia. Last week, Butte picked up wins against Marin, Cabrillo and Foothill to extend their winning streak. Butte is 0-1 against teams that are ranked and the Roadrunners will face De Anza on Friday night in first round action at the Foothill Tournament.
4. Gavilan (10-0) The Rams continue to win and move into the top 5 for the first time this season after starting the season with ten straight wins. Gavilan picked up wins against Cypress, Monterey and Irvine Valley at the Monterey Tournament and the Rams are 1-0 against teams that are ranked within our rankings. This weekend, the Rams will look to stay hot as Gavilan will face Porterville in first round action at the Skyline Tournament on Friday.
5. Santa Rosa (4-2) The Bearcubs remain at number five following last week. Santa Rosa is 0-2 against teams that are ranked within our rankings. Santa Rosa had the week off and will return to action this week as the Bearcubs will face Contra Costa on Friday at the Foothill Tournament.
6. Diablo Valley (6-3) The Vikings remain at number six in the rankings after going 2-1 last week at the Golden Gate Classic. Diablo Valley picked up wins against San Jose and Sequoias and lost to San Francisco. Diablo Valley is 2-2 against teams within our rankings and the Vikings will have the weekend off and return to action December 14th against Monterey on December 14th.
7. Sequoias (6-3) The Giants drop six spots in the rankings after suffering two losses last week at the Golden Gate Classic. After picking up a first round victory against San Joaquin Delta, the Giants suffered losses against Contra Costa and Diablo Valley. The Giants are 2-1 against teams that are ranked within our rankings and Sequoias will face San Diego Mesa at home in non conference action on Friday night in Visalia.
8. Yuba (4-3) The 49ers remain at number eight following a week off. Yuba has not played since November 19th and are 1-2 against teams that are ranked within our rankings. Yuba will be back in action tomorrow against Copper Mountain in first round action at the Modesto Tournament.
9. Las Positas (7-3) The Hawks move up one spot in the rankings after winning the James Clark Classic. Las Positas beat Merced, Sacramento, and Cosumnes River to bring home the championship. Las Positas is 3-1 against teams that are ranked within our rankings, and the Hawks will face Hartnell on Wednesday at home in non conference action and follow that up against Redwoods in first round action at the Skyline Tournament on Friday night.
10. West Hills (7-1) The Falcons move up three spots in the rankings after West Hills picked up two victories last week at the Columbia Tournament. West Hills beat Lassen and Folsom Lake and the Falcons are 1-0 against teams that are ranked inside of our rankings. West Hills has won seven straight games and this week the Falcons will host San Diego Mesa on Saturday at home in non conference action.
11. Sacramento (6-3) The Panthers move up three spots in the rankings after going 2-1 last week at the James Clark Classic last week. Sacramento picked up wins against Feather River and Chabot but suffered a loss against Las Positas. Sacramento is 1-3 against teams that are ranked and the Panthers will face Shasta on Wednesday at the Modesto Tournament in first round action.
12. Feather River (7-2) The Golden Eagles drop three spots in the rankings after going 2-1 last week at the Jamses Clark Classic. Feather River brought home the consolation championship after losing in the first round to Sacramento. The Golden Eagles picked up wins against Merced and Napa and are 0-1 against teams that are ranked this season. This week, the Golden Eagles will face 14th ranked Foothill in first round action at the Foothill Tournament on Friday.
13. Shasta (6-3) The Knights move up two spots in the rankings after picking up two wins last week. Shasta picked up wins against Southwestern Oregon and the Simpson JV. The Knights are 2-0 against teams that are ranked within our Signal The Light Basketball rankings. Shasta has won five straight games and will face 11th ranked Sacramento in first round action at the Modesto Tournament.
14. Foothill (5-4) The Owls come into the rankings after going 1-1 last week. Foothill knocked off Cabrillo and lost to Butte last week. Foothill is 1-3 against teams that are ranked and the Owls have played a solid schedule to open up the season. Foothill will next face 12th ranked Feather River on Friday at the Foothill Tournament.
15. Columbia (4-3) The Claimjumpers move into the rankings after picking up two wins last weekend. Columbia knocked off Folsom Lake and Lassen last weekend at their own tournament. Columbia is 2-2 against ranked teams this season and will look to stay hot as the Claim Jumpers will face Santa Barbara in first round action on Thursday at the Santa Barbara Tournament.
Signaling a Light: Mendocino (4-1), Los Medanos (5-2), Contra Costa (3-3), Modesto (4-3), Cosumnes River (4-4), Monterey (6-4), Canada (6-5), Hartnell (5-1), De Anza (5-4), Ohlone (4-3)