Final Northern California Rankings
1. San Francisco (28-1): The Rams finish at the top of our rankings to finish off the regular season. San Francisco picked up wins against Skyline and Ohlone last week to finish off Coast North Conference action undefeated. The Rams are on a 24 game winning streak and we expect San Francisco to pick up the top seed in the North later today when seedings come out.
2. Yuba (23-5) The Bay Valley Conference champions finish the season at number two in our poll after we had them at number seven in our preseason poll to start the season. Last week, the 49ers picked up wins over Merritt and Mendocino to end the season on a 14 game winning streak. Yuba is expected to be a solid seed and will look to make some noise in the post season.
3. Santa Rosa (23-4) The Big 8 Conference champions stay put at number three after knocking off Sierra and American River to complete an undefeated run in the Big 8 Conference. Our preseason number ten team is on a 19 game winning streak and should be a team to look out for to make a deep post season run in the Northern California playoffs.
4. Fresno (25-4): The Rams finish the regular season at number four in our poll after picking up two wins last week. Our preseason number two team in Northern California won the Central Valley Conference for the 17th time in a row and finished conference action with a 13-1 record with their only loss coming against Sequoias. Fresno is expected to have a high seed and will look to make a deep post season run.
5. Sequoias (20-8) The Giants move up one spot in our final rankings after picking up wins against Porterville and West Hills. Sequoias closed out the season on a six game winning streak and finished Central Valley Conference action with a third place finish. The Giants which were our preseason number six team are a team that could make some noise in the postseason as the Giants have knocked off Fresno twice and handed San Francisco their only loss of the season in non conference action.
6. Shasta (18-9) The Golden Valley Conference champions end the season at number six after not being ranked in our preseason poll. The Knights moved up one spot from last week after picking up a win on the road against Redwoods as Shasta went 9-1 in conference action. Shasta will await seeding later today but the Knights could be another team that could make some noise in the post season.
7. Butte (21-5): The Roadrunners drop three spots in our final polls as Butte slipped up late and finished the season off 2-2 and faltered to a second place finish in the Golden Valley Conference. Butte lost to Feather River last week on the last day of the season as the Roadrunners had a chance to take home a piece of the championship. Butte won 21 games and will look to pick up a solid seed going into the post season.
8. Foothill (20-8) The Owls move up one spot in the rankings and finish the season at number eight in our poll. Foothill picked up their 20th win last week with a win on the road against Canada as the Owls finished in second place in the Coast North Conference. Foothill was 13th in our preseason poll and the Owls will await seeding later today as this could be another team that could make a deep post season run in Northern California.
9. Modesto (20-8): The Pirates picked up two wins last week against Cosumnes River and Folsom Lake and end the season in the top 10. Modesto is 10-1 in their last 11 games and the Pirates finished 2nd place in the Big 8 Conference. The Pirates will look to make noise in the post season after having a solid season.
10. Columbia (17-7) The Claimjumpers picked up two wins last week and move up two spots to close out the season. The 2nd place team from the Central Valley Conference beat West Hills and edged Cerro Coso to finish out the regular season. Columbia will look to make a splash in the post season.
11. Gavilan (23-4) The co-champions of the Coast South Conference move up two spots in the final rankings after knocking off Hartnell and San Jose in the final week of the regular season. Gavilan has been a standout team all season but the Rams are 3-2 in their last five games to close out the season after being 20-2. It will be interesting to see where the Rams end up in the seeding process later today.
12. West Hills (18-7) The Falcons drop four spots in the final rankings after losing two key games last week to Columbia and Sequoias. West Hills lost their final three games in Central Valley Conference action and finished in fourth place. Will the CVC get four teams from the conference after the late slip up from West Hills?
13. Feather River (18-9): The Golden Eagles move up two spots in the rankings after playing the spoiler in Golden Valley Conference action. Feather River knocked off Butte last week in thier lone game of the week. The Golden Eagles finished third in Golden Valley Conference and ended the season with a 5-1 record in thier last six games.
14. Mendocino (18-9): The Eagles drop three spots in the rankings after going 1-1 last week in Bay Valley Conference action. Mendocino slipped past Solano but lost to Yuba as the Eagles finished in 3rd place in conference action. Mendocino had a solid year but did they do enough to get into the post season as the seeding committee with have the say so.
15. Cabrillo (16-10) The co champions of the Coast South re enter the rankings in our final poll after being our preseason number 11. Cabrillo picked up two wins last week over De Anza and West Valley. The Seahawks are 9-1 in their last ten games and will look to make some noise in the post season after struggling at the beginning of Conferene action.
Signaling a Light: Las Positas (18-10), Delta (14-11), Sacramento (16-13), Los Medanos (17-10)