1. Citrus (12-2) The Owls survived a week our curse of being the number one team and remain at the top of our rankings. Citrus has won nine straight games and the Owls are playing good basketball at the moment. The Owls picked up a win over Cypress last week in their lone game of the week and will be in action today at the Compton Tournament facing Los Angeles Pierce in first round action.
2. San Diego (16-2) The Knights remain at number two in our rankings as San Diego as won nine straight games. Last week, the Knights picked up three more victories at the Saddleback Tournament as San Diego beat Irvine Valley, Cuesta and Canyons to win the championship. San Diego last loss was on November 19th against Citrus and the Knights are off this week and will be back in action on January 2nd against Los Angeles Pierce.
3. East Los Angeles (9-3) The Huskies move up one spot in the rankings after having the week off. East Los Angeles is 3-3 against teams that are ranked within our current weekly rankings and the Huskies have won three of their last four games. East Los Angeles will be back in action on December 28th at the Cuyamaca Tournament as the Huskies will face Cypress in 1st round action.
4. San Diego Miramar (9-2) The Jets jump into the top 5 for the first time this season as Miramar has started the season off winning 9 of thier first 11 games and three in a row. Last week, Mirimar cruised past San Diego Mesa and the Jets jumped two spots in the rankings. This week the jets are off and will return to action at December 28th when they face a solid Victor Valley squad at the Cuyamaca Tournament.
5. San Bernardino (12-2) The Wolverines fall to number five and drop two spots after suffering a set back last week against Mt. San Antonio on the road as San Bernardino lost 54-52 on the road. San Bernardino is 6-1 against teams that are ranked and the Wolverines are off this week. San Bernardino returns to action on December 28th as they will face Southern Idaho at the Fiesta Bowl Junior College Shootout in Mesa, Arizona.
6. Fullerton (10-4) The Hornets move up one spot in the rankings after picking up a road win against Chaffey last week. Fullerton has won three games in a row and find themselves back into the top five. The Hornets are 2-4 against teams that are currently in our Signal The Light Basketball rankings and will be back in action on Thursday as the Hornets will face Los Angeles Southwest on the road in their lone game of the week.
7. Cerritos (11-3) The Falcons drop two spots in the rankings after going 2-1 at the Sequoias Tournament last weekend in Visalia. Cerritos picked up wins against Shasta and Ventura but suffered a set back against a very solid Fresno team in the semi finals of the tournament. Cerritos is 1-2 against teams that are ranked within our rankings this week, and this week the Falcons will host Rio Hondo on Friday in their lone game of the week.
8. West Los Angeles (9-3) The Wildcats stay put at number eight after having the week off. West Los Angeles has won four games in a row and the Wildcats are 0-2 against teams that are ranked within our rankings this season. The Wildcats will face off against Chaffey later on today at the Compton Tournament in first round action.
9. Copper Mountain (12-4) The Fighting Cacti remain at number nine after having the week off. Copper Mountain has lost their last two games and the Fighting Cacti are 7-1 against teams that are ranked within our rankings. Copper Mountain will not return to action until December 30th when the Fighting Cacti host Compton for thier last game of 2017.
10. Grossmont (9-4) The Griffins reamin at number ten in the rankings after having the week off. Grossmont has lost two of their last three games and are 2-4 against teams that are ranked within our Signal The Light Basketball rankings. Grossmont is off again this week and will return to action on the road against 13th ranked Los Angeles Harbor on December 29tth.
11. Santiago Canyon (13-3) The Hawks stay put at number eleven following a win last week on the road against Desert. Santiago Canyon has been one of the surprises this season and the Hawks are 1-1 against teams that are ranked within our rankings this season. Santiago Canyon has finished their non conference schedule and will be in action on Janauary 3rd as they open Orange Empire Conference action against 12th ranked Riverside.
12. Riverside (9-4) The Tigers remain at number twelve in the rankings after picking up a road victory over Long Beach 74-66 last week. Riverside has won four straight games and have a 1-3 record against teams that are ranked this week in our rankings. Riverside will have the week off and return to action on December 30th with their last non conference game against Ventura at home.
13. Los Angeles Harbor (8-5) The Seahawks stay put at number 13, after having the week off. Los Angeles Harbor is 2-2 against teams that are ranked and have won four of their last five games. Los Angeles Harbor will have one game this week as the Seahawks travel to Santa Monica on Saturday.
14. Palomar (8-4) The Comets moved up one spot in the rankings after picking up a 73-70 overtime win at home against Southwestern. Palomar has won four of their last five games and are 0-3 against teams that are ranked in our rankings. This week, Palomar will face Southwestern on the road in a rematch of last weeks game.
15. Irvine Valley (10-6) The Lasers jump back in the rankings after picking up two victories last week at the Saddleback Tournament. After suffered great a 82-80 loss to a very good San Diego team, Irvine Valley picked up wins against Long Beach and Mira Costa. This week, Irvine Valley is off but the Lasers return to action on December 29th at home against Los Angeles Valley.
Signaling a Light: Victor Valley (8-4), Ventura (10-6) Antelope Valley (6-5), Hancock (8-5), Bakersfield (6-4) Chaffey (6-6), Pasadena (7-6)